Are you looking for the best CPU Under $200? If yes, this article is a must-read for you since it will help you choose the best CPU for your gaming PC build in 2023. A CPU is a key component of any gaming PC and the one you choose will have a significant impact on the overall performance of your system.
There are plenty of CPUs available in this price range and choosing the one that’s suitable for your needs can be challenging, but don’t worry, we will help you out with it. In this post, we’ve compiled a list of the 6 best CPUs under $200 that our staff has tested for several weeks before making the final selection for your build. We’ve also included a few examples based on various needs to help you make an informed decision.
We’ve also outlined all the important features that you need to be aware of before purchasing a CPU for your PC build. These are listed in our Buying Guide section at the end of the article. Therefore, you can find the perfect CPU for your dream machine.
So, without further ado, let’s begin, shall we?
Best CPU Under $200
Finding the best CPU for your gaming PC build can be a daunting task. Specially if you’re on a budget. The good news is that there are some great CPUs out there that will give you excellent performance without burning a hole in your pocket.
In this roundup, we’ll be looking at 6 of the best CPUs under $200 that our team has discovered after many sleepless nights. We’ve based our selection on a range of factors, including price, performance and features.
Let’s get started…
1. Intel Core i5-12400 Desktop CPU for Gaming with 6 Cores & 12 Threads, 4.40GHz Boost Clock Speed, 18MB Intel Smart Cache Memory, and 730 Intel UHD Graphics
The Intel Core i5-12400 is one of the outstanding CPU under $200 that offers great value for money performance. It comes with 6 cores and 12 threads, which allows the CPU to run the programs 6 times faster than with a single-core processor.
The CPU is based on the latest Alder Lake architecture and is fabricated using the 14nm process. It also has a base clock speed of 2.50 GHz and can boost up to 4.40 GHz, making it one of the fastest processors in this price range.
What does Base & Boost Clock Speed mean? 🤔
For example, if your CPU has a base clock speed of 2.50GHz which means it can complete a clock cycle of 2.5 billion times per second. So, when the CPU is working at full capacity, it can reach up to 4.40 GHz, which translates to 4.4 billion clock cycles every second. Isn’t it awesome?
Its high base and boost clock speeds indicate that the Intel Core i5-12400 is capable of handling demanding tasks and can even be used for thing end gaming.
Further, this powerful processor has a hyperthreading feature that allows the processor to execute two threads at the same time. This helps in improving the overall performance of the system. Not just that, it also has turbo boost technology 2.0 that further enhances the performance of the CPU by increasing the clock speed when needed.
Graphics-wise, this Intel Core i5-12400 offers you an Intel UHD 730 integrated graphics card with 300 MHz Graphics Base Frequency and 1.45 GHz Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency, which is good enough to run basic games and other graphical applications. However, for demanding games and other resource-intensive applications, you will need an external graphics card.
Ohh, how did I forget about its cache memory? Silly me, Well it also has an 18MB of L3 cache memory that allows the users to carry out their habitual and routine works. It will then process the instruction in a flash, offering a faster and smoother execution.
🌟 Notable Feature of Intel Core i5-12400 CPU.
Intel is not only a famous brand because of its age but because of its amazing notable features. Just with the name of the i5 model, the amazing functionalities can be guessed. So let’s have a look at some of these features of the CPU:
- Works with the current motherboards from high to lows such as Z690, H670, B660, and H610.
- The 14 nm processors and DirectX 12is attached to this CPU.
- The CPU is compatible with all the latest motherboards that support the LGA-1700 socket and has a TDP of 65W.
- The processor has 6 cores and 12 threads with a base clock speed of 2.5GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.5GHz.
- With a maximum memory size of 128GB, this chip also supports DDR4 memory up to 3200 MT/s and DDR5 memory up to 4800 MT/s.
- The stock performance is excellent on the CPU
- Its base & boost clock speed is good for gaming and multitasking.
- Plus, it has tons of latest technology, like Intel Gaussian & Neural Accelerator, Deep Learning Boost (Intel DL Boost), Turbo Boost 2.0, Intel SpeedShift Technology, etc.
- It is a locked chip and overclocking isn’t possible.
As one of the regular and old users of Intel Corporation, this i5 model impresses me in a lot of aspects. 12 threads available in the model enable you to work with multiple tasks simultaneously, making the workload convenient and light. Also, the 14nm process gives a new life to the CPU.
You will not be needing to change or upgrade your motherboard with this latest CPU in the market as it is compatible with all the intel based motherboard that supports LGA 1700 Socket type. As a part of the gamer community, my experience with this CPU was actually very smooth and impressive which is why I would strongly recommend you all to consider the intel core i5-12400.
2. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Unlocked Desktop CPU with 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 35MB of Cache, 4.6GHz Boost Clock Speed, and Wraith Stealth Cooler
If you are on a hunt for one of the best CPU under 200$, then our top processor manufacturer company AMD introduces you with AMD Ryzen 5 5600X. This processor is awarded a 4.8 rating is different eCommerce websites and is honored with the top best seller in computer CPU processors.
This processor works in 6 cores offering 12 threads, which are considered to be a reliable option for mainstream desktops and are known for the fastest processing speed of all. These Hexa core processors allow you to run multithreaded programs simultaneously without any disturbance and lag.
Following CPU is also well known for its elite FPS performance. By offering 100 plus FPS ( frames per second ) even with the world’s most popular games, this CPU allows you to respond and react faster with the highest graphics smoothly by connection in the multiplayer steady.
When it comes to speed, this processor is unlocked for overclocking at a 3.7 GHz base and can boost up to 4.6 GHz, which is pretty high for any gaming CPU in this budget. one the other hand, this one comes with a total of 32 MB of GameCache offers better functioning even with multiple players playings making it a better option for gamers.
One of the best things about this product is that it comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler, which will help you to keep your CPU cool and prevent any heating issues. Also, it supports DDR4 memory types up to 3200MHz with decent 65W TDP (Thermal Design Power).
What is TDP? 🤔
The maximum amount of heat (in watts) a CPU or GPU can produce while running is called TDP. More watt equals improved performance, but also higher temperatures and increased power consumption, which can cause serious heating problems. That is why you suggest selecting a CPU with a decent TDP, not too high or too low, and if you want to use a CPU with a large TDP to enjoy an immersive gaming experience, you will need a good CPU cooler or cooling system.
🌟 Notable Feature of AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU
AMD being the most famous as well as productive manufacturer in the world never fails to impress the user with the improved and necessary features for the user. With all the basic requirements such as boost speed, cooler, and threading, it is also successful in offering the user the following gaining functionalities:
- It has 6 Cores & 12 threads with a base clock speed of 3.7GHz and a boosts clock speed of 4.6GHz.
- This is an AM4 unlocked CPU with overclocking ability.
- This CPU also includes a variety of useful technology like AMD “Zen 3” Core Architecture, AMD StoreMI, and AMD Ryzen VR-Ready Premium.
- It is easy to set up.
- The stock cooler is quite amazing and powerful.
- It has a quite decent 65W TDP.
- This CPU is best for budget-friendly PC Build.
- It doesn’t have an integrated GPU.
AMD has always been a favorite for anyone who is into gaming, high graphics work with a better experience. As a person who is into gaming, the features provided by this CPU are definitely a thumbs up for me as well as for any other person who is looking for the best CPU under 200$.
Also, the cooling system of the CPU didn’t let the system heat so much enabling you to enjoy stress-free gaming. So, if you want to try something new in the AMD series then I recommend you to choose this CPU.
3. Intel Core i3-12100 Quad-Core Processor with 4 Cores & Threads, 4.3GHz Boost Speed, 3.3GHz Base Clock Speed, 12MB Cache, and Built-in Intel UHD Graphics 730
If you are discussing the selection of the powerful yet affordable CPU as a gamer, then You need to have your eyes on the Intel Core i3-12100. With an affordable price and fulfilled criteria for gamers, this CPU serves as an excellent option for better and faster performance than its previous model.
This intel i3 3.30 GHz processor works fastest for your day-to-day computing. They consume less power than other models and offer hyperthreading architecture which promises better execution in such a price range. By executing the data in 0.3 nanoseconds, intel offers you a faster option with reduced cost.
12 Mb of cache is available in this processor which is considered to be a decent choice for gaming. The L3 cache attached retrieves the data which is used the most for improving the functionality of the system. The storage of local data is faster here increasing the efficiency.
The UHD Graphics 730 controllers attached improves the graphics and visual quality making the experience of gaming much better. This CPU also supports the 4 monitors together which can be considered a boon for a gamer. Manufacturers had reduced the temperature gradually and increased the speed noticeably making the processor also noticeable around the market.
Performance-wise, this has a base clock speed of 3.3GHz and a 4.3GHz of max boost clock making it a powerful CPU for the price it is offered in. Intel Core i3-12100 offers a better value proposition to any gamer with a limited budget. It also has 12MB L3 cache memory and LGA 1700 Socket type.
Moreover, it has Intel UHD 730 integrated graphics with 300 MHz base graphics frequency and 1.40 GHz max graphics frequency, which will help you in light gaming and other media-related tasks.
🌟 Notable Feature of Intel Core i3-12100.
Core i3 -12100 comes with the faster 3.30 GHz processor with the hyperthreading architecture and many more notable features listened below:
- This CPU can supports DDR4 memory types up to 3200 MT/s & DDR5 up to 4800 MT/s with a maximum memory of 128GB.
- It has Intel UHD 730 integrated graphics with 1.40 GHz max graphics frequency for better & immersive performance.
- It also has some latest technology like Intel SpeedShift Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology. etc
- Offers the gaming performance of 144FPS.
- This CPU belongs to the Alder Lake Core family and comes with 4 cores and 8 threads.
- Affordable in price and powerful in action.
- This intel chip also supports the DDR5 memory type up to 4800 MT/s.
- Plus, it has Intel UHD 730 integrated graphics.
- Some complex tasks can be difficult because of 4 cores only.
- Not recommended for AAA types games without a dedicated graphics card.
The Intel Core i3-12100 is a powerful and speedy CPU, but it doesn’t overclock. That’s not necessarily a bad thing because you’re still getting plenty of power for the money.
My experience with the Intel Core i3-12100 was pretty remarkable. 144 FPS feature of this CPU was the first thing that captured my attention. The visual graphics I achieved while enjoying the gameplay were smooth and fast.
This processor is best for those who are looking for a mid-range processor with a tight budget. The performance it offers at a price is definitely worth it and makes it quite an affordable processor in the market right now with powerful specs.
4. AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Unlocked Desktop Processor with 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 4.4GHz Max Boost Speed, 19MB Cache, and AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler
AMD, the most eminent company around the globe introduced us to another most impressive processor of all times that is, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G. It is known extensively for its faster performance and almost reasonable price which is well attached with a larger number of cores.
Since it is a member of the G series, we know that they are most often used for gaming, video rendering, and software compiling. It is also a high execution CPU with a Low power system on a chip ( SOC) design with an integrated GPU and I/O controller which makes it a premium choice for gaming.
With a total of 6 cores count, the CPU offers the 12 threads in total making the PC attainment faster and synced for the advanced and complex graphics-related tasks. This CPU was praised for its excellent graphics performance in a desktop processor, which makes it ideal for smooth 1080p gaming.
The 1.9 GHz graphics boost of this CPU is considered to be a good option for gaming. it improves the rate of working which work best for covering up large loads. Also because of its low latency and high throughput, it might be a good choice for your requirements.
Additionally, the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler attached to the CPU ensures the user with quiet cooling. This cooler works well for improving working efficiency by condensing the glitches and buffers in the CPU. Other features such as 32 MB cache memory and AM4 socket are used to make this CPU a perfect choice for anyone looking for the best CPU.
🌟 Notable Feature of AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Processor
This CPU has a boost clock frequency 4.4GHz which ensures that lighting fast acceleration of any kind of work your throw at him. Besides that, there are other important features that make this CPU the best choice in the market. Some of these include:
- The main advantage of this CPU is that it comes with an integrated graphics card which provides the user with a better gaming experience.
- Bundled with the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler.
- This is an unlocked processor for overclocking with 6 cores & 12 threads.
- It has a 19MB cache memory which helps in loading large files quickly and supports DDR4-3200 MHz with a max memory capacity of 128GB.
- Also, this processor offers you a base clock speed of 3.7GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.6GHz.
- No graphics card is required for basic day-to-day grind.
- Comes with a Wraith Stealth Cooler which provides efficient and quiet cooling.
- It is an unlocked processor which means that it can be overclocked for better performance.
- This CPU has an integrated graphics card which is a very powerful one.
- Overclocking feature is limited up to a certain level.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G is another best choice for someone who is looking for a powerful CPU yet affordable. This 5600G CPU from AMD has some really good features which make it a powerful choice for gaming as well as other purposes.
The most important thing which I like about this CPU is that it comes with an integrated graphics card which is very powerful and can handle basic gaming without any external graphics card. And when we compare this processor to intel’s i5, this processor almost wins the bet.
Apart from that, this CPU is also bundled with the Wraith Stealth Cooler which provides efficient and quiet cooling. I would definitely recommend this CPU to anyone who is looking for a powerful yet affordable option.
5. Intel Core i5-11400 Desktop Processor with 6 Core – 12 Thread, 4.4GHz Boost Clock Speed, 12MB of Smart Cache Memory, and 65W TDP
The Intel Core i5-11400 is a powerful CPU that comes with a number of features that make it a great choice for gaming as well as other purposes. This CPU has a base clock speed of 2.60 GHz and can be boosted up to 4.40 GHz when needed.
Since hyperthreading is the process of how the processor of Intel utilizes more cores in multithreaded applications. So, it allows the main game or important programs to run in the front and make all the others run in the background without any lag.
It also uses the turbo boost and onboard graphics feature in the same place which highlights the feature of hyperthreading. The LGA 1200 socket type of this CPU makes it possible to be placed on the motherboard without any soldering.
The 14 nm design used in the CPU is of more density and is more power-efficient which later ensures great efficiency for computing. It also helps in optimizing the balanced costs, performance, and proper power usage. As a result, it has the ability to process works more effectively which later sees positivity in easier debugging and making computations fasters.
Moreover, the 12 MB of L3 cache available Intel -11400 helps to retrieve the user data in the most amount available for enabling the improved system performance. It can also store a large amount of data at once making the execution automatically faster.
Graphics-wise, this processor’s graphics are designed to be appealing enough for gaming, thanks to Intel UHD 730 graphics. The compatibility with three displays makes the gameplay experience even better.
🌟 Notable Feature of Intel Core i5-11400 Desktop processor
Intel has a long history of providing cutting-edge technologies, which have helped to establish the company as one of the most trusted names in the market. As a result, some incredible characteristics of Intel’s 11400 are outlined below:
- Intel turbo boost technology 2.0 is available.
- It is Featured with the support of PCIe Gen 4.0.
- The CPU has a powerful 6 cores & 12 threads with a base frequency of 2.6GHz and a boost frequency of 4.4GHz.
- It has LGA 1200 Socket Type and Max. DDR4 memory supports 128GB up to 2666MHz frequency.
- This model has Intel UHD Graphics 730 with a graphics base frequency of 350 MHz & a graphics max dynamic frequency of 1.3 GHz.
- The power consumption of this CPU is 65W TDP.
- The CPU is compatible with 3 monitors.
- TDP of 65 watts is very power efficient.
- A CPU cooler is attached already to the processor.
- This CPU offers you more than enough power for gaming at an affordable price.
- The integrated graphics of intel’s UHD 730 are also included.
- The base clock speed is comparatively low.
The Intel Core i5-11400 processor is a hexacore CPU that belongs to the fast processor category. This CPU has some notable characteristics including turbo boost, a connected cooler, and a reasonable TDP, making it an excellent option.
The base clock speed might be low, but since this is a hexacore CPU, the processor still offers plenty of power. Overall, I would recommend this CPU to anyone looking for a midrange Intel i5 CPU for PC Build.
6. AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with 6 Cores & 12 Threads, 3.9GHz Boost Clock Speed, 2933MHz DDR4 Memory Support, and 65W TDP (YD2600BBAFBOX)
The next product in our list of best CPUs under 200 dollars is the AMD Ryzen 5 2600. This is a hexacore CPU from the second-generation Ryzen CPUs and this particular model is unlocked for overclocking, meaning that you can push it beyond its stock speeds if you so desire.
The base clock speed of this CPU is 3.4GHz, with a boost clock of up to 3.9GHz allowing the CPU to elevate the high-performance works of the graphics automatically which also saves your Pc from damage as it has its limits. It also has 16MB of L3 cache and supports DDR4 memory up to 2933MHz.
The unlocked multiplier used in this CPU allows it to realize its strength without being limited by any other components of the CPU. Other features such as 16 MB cache memory and AM4 socket type are used in this product.
The power consumption of this CPU is 65 watts, which is decent on the higher side when compared to other CPUs in this price range. In addition to that, this CPU is also VR-ready, meaning that it can be used for virtual reality gaming without any issues.
🌟 Notable Feature of AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Unlocked CPU
The Ryzen core is a flexible core of the AMD corporation that provides users with a variety of functions for better functionality described below.
- For gaming and multitasking, this powerful CPU has 6 cores and 12 threads with the best possible hyperthreading.
- It comes with a total of 19MB of gaming cache memory to ensure the best gaming experience.
- The maximum boost clock of this CPU is 3.9 GHz which can go up to 4.2 GHz with proper cooling and maintenance.
- It uses an AM4 socket type that is compatible with almost all the latest AM4 chipsets-based motherboards on the market.
- This processor is another good option for a budget gaming PC build.
- It has tons of latest technology like AMD Ryzen VR-Ready Premium, SenseMI Technology, Ryzen Master Utility, etc.
- It offers us the CPU cooler at no additional cost.
- The performance in the multithreaded apps is very good.
- Integrated graphics are not available.
If you are on a tight budget a need a good CPU for gaming and multitasking, then I would recommend the AMD Ryzen 5 2600. It has all the latest features that you would want in a CPU and also comes with a CPU cooler, which is a nice bonus.
Besides, the performance of this CPU is very good, especially in multithreaded apps and games. The only downside of this CPU is that it does not have integrated graphics, so you will need to pair it with a dedicated graphics card if you want to use it for gaming.
So, these were some of the best CPUs under 200 dollars that you can buy for your gaming PC. I have listed a mix of both Intel and AMD CPUs so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
If you are looking for the best overall CPU, then I would recommend the Intel Core i5-9600K. It is a great all-rounder and offers very good performance for both gaming and productivity tasks.
However, if you are on a tight budget and need the best possible performance, then I would recommend the AMD Ryzen 5 2600. It is a great CPU for budget gaming PC builds and also comes with a CPU cooler, which is a nice bonus.
Do you have any questions about these CPUs? Let me know in the comments section below.
I hope this article helped you. If so, please share it with your friends so that they can also benefit from it.
Thanks for reading!