Looking for the best risers for mining? I know sometimes it gets pretty hard to find the best risers for mining purposes, but if you’re looking for the best risers for mining with your GPU, then this guide is for you.
There’s a ton of risers to choose from and I have been putting together this list for a little while now, so you can rest easy knowing that you’re in good hands when it comes to finding the best risers for mining with your GPUs.
Before we jump into the list, I just want to let you know that I’m not saying that these are top risers for mining. If finding the top-tier is that easy, then you wouldn’t be looking for them, right?
This is why after researching and ordering tons of risers, here I’m sharing the best risers which I find useful.
Best PCIe Riser for Cryptocurrency Mining
If you’re thinking about building a mining rig, then the best way to go about this is by getting as much information as possible. You can do that by reading this article and by going over reviews of various models.
Here in this guide, we have listed some of the best risers for mining. And I know they’re the best risers for mining because even I use risers of few brands which I listed below.
1. Ubit 6 Pack Latest PCI-E Riser Express Cable 16X to 1X (6pin / MOLEX/SATA) with Led Graphics Extension Ethereum ETH Mining Powered Riser Adapter Card+60cm USB 3.0 Cable
If you’re looking for the best PCIe riser, then your search definitely ends here. This is by far the most popular and best risers for mining you can buy on the web. I’ve ordered tons of this simple, yet powerful riser card and I can tell you just how good this is.
This riser has proven to be very reliable and one of the most stable risers on the market. Its solid construction will help you enjoy your mining rig for a long time to come.
The riser is powered by an additional 12v/1.5A Molex, SATA power connector, and 6-pin PCIe. This will ensure that the riser is stable and will not make any noise when your GPU gets extra power-hungry.
Not only that, but you can control the speed of your fans with the switch located on this riser as well. These risers are pretty good and I mean they’re the best risers I’ve ever tested and used, so you can’t really go wrong here.
- Very reliable and high-quality build.
- Comes with everything you need to connect your GPUs.
- Comes with a switch that will ensure that your fans don’t get too loud during heavy mining sessions.
- The only downside is that these risers come in bulk. You get 6 of them, which is good if you’re looking for a lot of risers, but if you need just one or two, then I suggest looking for something else.
I’ve been using these risers for a long time and I can tell you that they’re sturdy, reliable, and there for you to enjoy mining for a long time. These are the best risers on the market and I highly recommend you use them.
2. FebSmart PCI-E Riser for Bitcoin Litecoin ETH Coin Mining 6 PIN Powered PCI-E Extension Cable GPU Riser Ethereum Mining ETH GPU Extension Cable PCIEX1 to PCIe X16 VER006C GPU Riser (Blue 6-PCS)
The second best risers are made by FebSmart, a company that you might not know. However, they make some pretty good stuff too. These risers are powered by the 6-pin PCIe port, so you don’t have to worry about them not working or anything like that. They’re made to be very reliable and sturdy as well!
What I like about these risers is their shape and design in general. These are definitely not your ordinary risers, but instead, they resemble a graphics card. I really like the design of these and I think they look pretty cool, which is why I’ve ordered a bunch of them.
They come in bulk packages as well, so you get 6 of them in one package. You can use all 6 and make a mining rig at home or you can sell the extras and make some profit!
- They’re easy to set up, which is always a plus.
- These are well-made, sturdy, and reliable risers.
- If you’re looking for a lot of risers for a mining rig or something like that, then these are the best option on the market at this moment.
- None… this is perfect riser for mining.
Both of these risers will do the job just fine. If you’re in need of a lot of risers, then go for the FebSmart ones, but if you just want one or two risers, then I suggest getting the Riser Card.
3. VOLADOR PCI-E Riser 1x to 16x Powered Riser Adapter Card for Bitcoin Litecoin Ethereum Mining, 60cm USB 3.0 Extension Cable, 6 Pin SATA Power Cable – 6 Pack
The VOLADOR PCI-E Riser 1x to 16x Powered Riser Adapter Card for Bitcoin Litecoin Ethereum Mining, 60cm USB 3.0 Extension Cable, 6 Pin SATA Power Cable – 6 Pack is a new variant of the Volador risers.
It’s the same type of risers but with different colors and they come in a set of 6 units instead of one. The set includes an 8-pin power connector and they’re compatible with Windows and Linux.
The product is available to order from Amazon with Prime Delivery.
- If you’re looking for cheap risers that will do the job just fine, then these are a good option.
- They are compatible with Windows and Linux, so you don’t have to worry about driver issues or anything like that.
- I didn’t try these myself so I can’t comment on how well they work or not.
If you’re looking for the best possible price/value ratio, then these risers would be a good choice. They come in a set of 6 that will support any GPU that you want to add to your rig.
4. Ubit 12-PCS PCI-E Riser for Bitcoin\Litecoin\ETH coin PCIe VER 006C 6 PIN 16x to 1x Powered Riser Adapter Card 6-Pin PCI-E to SATA Power Cable – GPU Riser Adapter – Ethereum Mining ETH
This is another riser from Ubit which is good enough for your mining rig. As with the above one, it is the best quality riser made for handling all your mining tasks with a 6-Pin PCIe to SATA power cable.
The only difference between the above Ubit riser and this one is that it is compatible with 12 GPUs whereas the above one supports 6 GPUs. So if you need to attach more than 6 GPUs with your motherboard, this is your call.
- This riser comes with enough power cables for 6 GPUs.
- Fully tested and made of good quality materials.
- Bit pricy.
It is same as the above Ubit riser which we reviewed above but the only difference is that it comes in a pack of 12 risers which is enough for handling and connecting up to 12 GPUs with your motherboard.
5. Onvian Upgraded Mining Dedicated Graphics Card Extension Cable 6P PCI-E1X to PCIe16X USB3.0 PCI-E Adapter Riser Card Line 4-PIN – 6 Packs
Before looking at the recently released Onvian riser, let me take you back to the days when I was working on building my first mining rig.
I used to use AMD Radeon’s and they worked like a charm. But then I switched to Nvidia’s and have never looked back since. Nvidia’s are much better for long-term mining and you can go further with them especially if your GPU is running on the newer models as well.
That said, I always wondered why Nvidia’s did not use the standard 16x PCI-E or even 20x like most of the old AMD’s did. Their answer was that they made sure their GPUs were power-hungry and you really don’t want to have to send extra power through those connectors.
Which is true, but not for all GPUs. You always would have to keep an eye on the temperature of your rig and if it starts getting too high then you will probably want to try using extra power through those connectors.
So back to this particular riser, you can use it for both AMD or Nvidia’s GPUs. The only issue I’m having is that it is sometimes not available on Amazon. It is available on their eBay store though, and if you’re looking to order it from there, then go ahead.
It comes with an adapter card with a 2 pin Molex 4-pin PWM SATA power connector for the connection of the power supply. You can also use it for connecting 6-pin PCIe power connectors which you place on your motherboard.
- It is very easy to set up and I’ve read that most users are having a good experience with it.
- The connector heads are made of good quality and will make sure that you don’t have any issues when connecting them to your rig.
- This is a pretty good riser that you should invest in if you want to go all out with your mining rig at home.
- It is a bit pricey.
It’s a good riser you should have if you’re building a nice mining rig with plenty of GPUs in it. You’ll be able to connect all your GPUs safely and there won’t be any issues along the way.
6. Osprey 6 Pack PCIE Riser Adapter Card for GPU Crypto Mining16X to 1X (6pin/ MOLEX/SATA Powered) LED Status + 60cm USB 3.0 Cable (GPU Ethereum Mining)
This is quite a new riser on the market and it comes in a set of 6. They’re made for mining cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Zcash, and other Cryptos.
They’re powered by your GPU’s 6pin connector which means you’ll have to supply the power through that connector or you can use an adapter for that as well if you don’t want your rig to get too hot when using the risers.
The good thing is that they’re made from good materials and you will be able to use them for a very long time. They are compatible with any motherboard that has a PCIe slot.
- It comes with a good-looking and sturdy case. The LEDs will guide you when plugging them in and they are easy to see.
- It’s no problem to use a 6 pin connector with it, so you will get nothing less from this riser.
- I haven’t ordered it myself, so I cannot comment firsthand on how well it works.
These are a pretty good riser for mining. They can also be used for PC builds so don’t let the fact that they’re made for mining turn you off. Overall, I’d say these are legit risers and you’ll have no issues whatsoever when ordering them!
7. BEYIMEI PCI-E 1X to 16X Riser Card, with 0.6 m USB 3.0 Extension Cable & 6PIN SATA Power Cable – GPU Extender Riser Card – for Bitcoin Ethereum Mining ETH (VER009S,6 Pack)
This riser by BEYIMEI is definitely one of the better options that you can go for. It is literally the perfect solution if you want to have 6 GPUs and a motherboard that requires more than 6x PCIe slots.
It comes with a 0.6m USB 3.0 extension cable which you can use when connecting your rig up to your PC or monitor. You’ll also get an 8-pin power cable which will allow you to send all the power needed through it to the risers.
These are high-quality risers that I’ve been using for a long time already and they haven’t let me down yet.
- These come in a set of 6, so you can use all of them on one single rig without any issues whatsoever.
- You’ll have room for future upgrades as well since you can add more GPUs if needed.
- It comes with a USB 3.0 extension cable, so you have enough headroom to connect your rig to any pc or monitor out there if needed.
- Bit pricy.
This is a good choice for long-term mining rigs and you’ll be able to use it for a very long time without having to worry about it. I can definitely recommend this to anyone who wants quality risers!
8. LinksTek PCIe Risers for ETH/BTC GPU Miner Rigs, PCI-E Riser Cable for Bitcoin, Ethereum Mining, GPU Riser Adapter, GPU Riser Cable, PCI Express Riser VER006C(6Pack)
LinksTek is another company that we haven’t reviewed, but I believe that their riser cards are pretty good.
This particular product can be used for 6 GPUs and has a power cable of 1m (3ft), which is quite a good length for your rig. You can use it to connect up to 6 GPUs easily and there won’t be any problems along the way with it.
- It is compatible with most motherboards out there.
- Bit pricey.
Like the other riser card, this one comes with 6 risers that you can use for connecting up to 6 GPUs with your motherboard without any issues at all.
Why Do We Need PCIe Risers For Mining?
When you want to mine for Ethereum or another Cryptocurrency, one of the things that you’ll have to keep in mind is how many GPUs are going to be used for mining. The answer will affect so much of what you do when it comes time to set up your rig and which GPUs will be connected to it and how many risers/cables you’ll need. This is why you need a good motherboard with lots of PCIe slots.
The reason for this is quite simple; If your motherboard has 6x PCIe slots then it would be possible to use all 6x GPUs with that particular motherboard without having any issues whatsoever. If your motherboard had only 2 slots then you’ll have to use at least 3 risers which will add up to the cost of your mining rig. So the more slots you’ll have on your motherboard, the better your EQ is going to be in the long run.
That said, 6 GPUs should be enough for most rigs, but if you’re planning on rocking a 12 GPU monster build or something like that, then you’ll need to make sure that your rig will support all 12 GPUs or more and this is when riser cards become so important.
The best thing about risers is that they are cheap and easy to get a hold of. The best riser cards cost under $20 which is a lot cheaper than the GPUs that you’re getting. Since you’ll be using 2 monitors and 6 risers, this is an investment that will pay off in the long run.
How To Use The Risers/Cables
When using risers, you’ll need to make sure that your PCIe slots are compatible with the riser card. If your motherboard has a 16x slot then you can use those risers, if it has a 20x slot then you’ll have to get an adapter and even if it is a 24x slot then there are adapters for that as well.
The easiest way I’ve heard of using risers is to simply put the card into the 1st PCIe slot on the motherboard. Then plug in all the cables that you’ll need for mining in such a way so that they are all connected to each other. Once you have done that, you can take the other side of the card and connect it to whatever device that you’ll be wearing. This is where having a 2m or 3m USB 3.0 extension cable comes in handy, as it will help you to put all of your devices closer together for easier access.
This is definitely an investment in your mining rig as the 6 risers/cables you’re using are going to last you a long time because they’re of good quality and there will be nothing wrong with them when everything is set up and running smoothly.
Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Risers for Mining
When you’re on the hunt for riser cards, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. First of all, you need to make sure that you’re getting the right riser for your current motherboard. Most motherboards have 6 PCIe slots and if yours only has 2 or 4 then a 6x card is going to be recommended as well.
If that’s not the case and your motherboard has other slots like 16x or 20x then make sure that you get an adapter/adapter card if needed as well because having risers with extra slots will make sure that your mining rig will last longer and you won’t have any problems down the road.
I have seen some people using risers with the wrong adapter and you need to make sure that it is compatible with the slot if you want to use them at all.
Another thing that you should consider is how much power will be needed for the riser cards(and other cards as well). This is one of the most important things for building a mining rig because without enough wattage, your mining rig can get pretty hot, and depending on your room temperature this can affect your investment in a very bad way.
Make sure that whatever power supply or even adapter card that you’re using will provide enough power for both GPUs and all the other components, including risers.
Riser cards are very important as they can give you the flexibility you need to have. Since there are so many PCIe slots on your motherboard, it will be almost impossible to use all of them and might cause a lot of problems because of that.
I’ve personally used 6x risers on my rig and they work just great for me. I’m sure that you’ll be happy with any 6x riser that you get as well. There’s no need to worry about PSU’s or adapters because risers are cheap enough to buy and along with 6x, you’ll almost never have enough power for your mining rig anyway.
I hope that this article helped you out and I hope that if you’re planning on building your own mining rig, then this will help you out with all the details. If you have any tips or tricks for us and our readers, feel free to leave them in the comments!
If you liked this article, please be sure to share it with your friends on Facebook! And don’t forget to also follow us!