So you are planning to build a powerful gaming PC and looking for the best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X? We’ve got you covered. We know that building a gaming PC is full of unknown challenges. That is why we’ve compiled this list of the 10 best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X.
For a computer to run smoothly, it is crucial that the components are able to communicate well with each other. One of the most crucial components of any computer is RAM, which stands for Random Access Memory. RAM allows your computer to store programs and data so that it can quickly retrieve them when needed.
The AMD Ryzen 9 3900X is one of the most powerful processors and is quite popular among gamers nowadays. This is why we need to pair it with a reliable & perfectly compatible memory to harness the full potential of your CPU.
Therefore in this article, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X to prevent you from wasting your precious time and facing compatibility issues in order to search for the best RAM for your PC build.
We’ve also included a buying guide at the end of this article with all the tips you’ll ever need to understand the importance of RAM, the different types of RAM, and which factors are important to look at before buying RAM for your build.
So without further ado, let’s dive in…
Best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X
In this post, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X with their respective pros, cons, and buying guide. Experts from our team tested all of the RAM listed below under extreme conditions in order to give you the most reliable RAM of all time.
Now let’s check them out, shall we?
1. Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GB x 2) with CL16 (BL2K8G32C16U4B)
The RAM from the brand Crucial Ballistix is one of the best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X, which works on the DDR4 technology and has an ultra-fast of up to the speed of 5100MT/s. This RAM allows you to experience the best gaming without any lag or stuttering, in fact, these types of RAM are ideal for gaming and high-performance PCs.
This product comes in three attractive colors Red, black, and white. It uses the DIMM form factor unlike most of the products which use 288 pin type. The Cas Latency of this product is something to be appreciated as it has the speed of CL 16.
It comes with a total 16GB of memory space which is spread into 8 GB each of the two modules of the RAM. The Ryzen 9 3900X will adapt better with the Crucial Ballistix memory kit and the gaming performances can be enhanced with this. The overclocking can be done automatically with full efficiency or it runs on a JEDEC profile.
Apart from the standard 3200 MHz memory speed, there are other varieties ranging of this RAM from 2400 MHz to 5100 MHz speed. As the speed increases the performance level also increases and so will the performance of your system.
This kit also comes with AMD XMP 2.0 support which means you don’t have to do anything, just plug it in and let it do the rest. The aluminum heat spreader apart from evacuating the heat also adds aesthetics to the whole system. The heat spreader comes in different colors and it can be personalized according to one’s wish.
🌟 Notable features of Crucial Ballistix
This RAM is perfect for the latest AMD platforms, and it’s also compatible with Intel. It has XMP 2.0 support which helps in automatic overclocking. As overclocking can be said to be one of the important aspects of a RAM, the other notable features to look out for are:
- The memory size or capacity is up to 16GB in basic form and is also available in various other sizes. A standard 8GB RAM is also available.
- The specialized aluminum heat spreader helps to spread the heat uniformly and not accumulate in a particular space.
- It works in DDR4 memory technology for effective functioning.
- It is integrated with AMD and Intel firms for helping with high memory power.
- Maximum and automatic overclocking features make it stand out. This can be appreciated by gamers.
- The micron dies usage in manufacturing will also lead to high memory and performance.
- The RAM sometimes might not be compatible with a different motherboard.
Crucial’s Ballistix Elite series memory is best for the Ryzen processors like AMD Ryzen 9 3900X. It has a 16 GB capacity and is available at different speeds which will be a factor to consider when purchasing the RAM. The best thing about it is that it also comes with an aluminum heat spreader which helps in spreading the heat evenly and making your PC run more stable.
So if you are looking for a gaming memory kit with multiple speed variations and an aluminum heat spreader then this one is just meant for you. The RAM also has XMP 2.0 support to run at full potential and automatically make overclocking easier for a robust system performance overall.
2. Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop Memory with C16 and 1.35V Voltage
The Corsair Dominator Platinum has been the company’s best-selling memory product for the past 25 years. To ensure fast performance, the Company developed the most popular DDR4 memory system.
This Platinum RGB memory is one-of-a-kind and has an iconic appearance. The characteristics have been improved to be most compatible with current Intel and AMD motherboards, and it’s intended to operate at maximum efficiency.
This particular product has a capacity of 32GB size (2x16GB) and comes in two colors white and black. The design is so voguish it is made considering the present-day trend.
It has an average memory speed of 3200 MHz for high-performance computing. Apart from this other CORSAIR products have larger speed capacities say up to 4800 MHz along with breathtaking overclocking headroom.
Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) 2.0 is also supported, which optimizes for wide compatibility on current Intel and AMD DDR4 motherboards. Along with this, it included an aluminum heat spreader that dissipates the heat at a uniform rate, so your system does not overheat.
Moreover, to increase the beauty of your battle station, it comes with 12 ultra-bright RGB LEDs per module which makes it look more aesthetic. The light effect is so adjustable that you can pick any color as per your wish.
You are also able to easily synchronize the lighting across all CORSAIR CUE-compatible DOMINATOR products like the CPU cooler, extension cables, and fans, bringing gaming to the next level of fun with powerful CORSAIR CUE software.
🌟 Notable features of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB
The element Platinum used in manufacturing boosts the performance and makes it an ideal memory for Ryzen. The outstanding efficiency and performance will make any gamer love this product. Here are some more notable features of this amazing Corsair Dominator desktop memory:
- It has an SPD voltage of 1.2V which is the standard voltage for enhanced speed and precise timings.
- The element Platinum used in manufacturing boosts the performance and makes it an ideal memory for Ryzen.
- It has 288 pins having an overall product voltage of 1.35 volts.
- Corsair Dominator is an advanced model of DDR4 type of memory.
✍🏻 Author’s Note
Are you having trouble figuring out what is the “SPD voltages” in terms of RAM? Well, that’s why we are here, the SPD voltage refers to the voltage that is required for the memory to function at its default or stock frequency.
This is the voltage that is set by the manufacturer and is required for the memory to function at its SPD frequency.
For example, if a RAM module has a stock frequency of 1600MHz and an SPD voltage of 1.5v, this means that the module will run at 1600MHz at 1.5v out of the box. In order to reach the rated speed 2400MHz or 3200MHz of the module, you will need to manually set the voltage and frequency in the BIOS.
- A single module consists of 12 super-bright LEDs to illuminate the whole system. The results are more pronounced when using the Corsair interface.
- The installation is a simple process and can be achieved by just a single settings option.
- To reduce heat accumulation it is manufactured with the patented dual-channel Dhx cooling technique which is an advanced technology.
- It is reliable to a great extent when it comes to high-performance requirements.
- While it is compatible with a few other motherboards, the desired effect and result might not be there when fitted with other than the preferred motherboards.
Corsair Dominator RAM is ranked among the best gaming RAM which comes with a capacity of 32GB in two modules (16GB X 2) and can be used for Ryzen 9 3900X. This product has a memory speed of 3200 MHz, which is required for high-performance and it uses DDR4 technology including LED lighting elements that improve the appearance of the user interface as well as the overall gaming setup.
The advanced cooling technology makes the whole gaming experience smooth and seamless even after a prolonged session of playing. The product is available in two colors which are white and black. So, if you are looking for a gaming memory kit that has all the high-end features and yet comes at an affordable price then this is just meant for you.
3. G.Skill Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) Dual Channel Desktop Memory with 288-Pin, DDR4 3200MHz, and 1.35V
The most unique feature of this product is its design. It has a silver body with mesmerizing details and style. The G Skill Trident Z Royal Series has RGB memory with a speed of 3200 Mhz. it boosts the high-performing ability of the RAM.
The signals can be integrated without any difficulty with the ability of extreme overclocking function. It comes as two modules of matched 16GB memory summing up as 32GB. It has a crystal effect light bar which is not found in most of the RAM.
The additional point to be noted is that it comes with a lifetime warranty and service period. The customer support is easily reachable and anytime the product can be fixed when facing an issue. The Cas Latency is as follows 16-18-18-38 which ensures high-timing operations.
This also works on DDR4 type like most of the RAM for Ryzen. It has 288 pins enabling high speed and efficient performance. It is a dual-channel memory model for the desktop. Each module can illuminate light through the LEDs present on them.
🌟 Notables Features of G Skill Trident Z Royal Series
There are specially designed CNC-cut aluminum heat spreaders to evenly distribute the heat in the system after using it for a longer duration. This 32 GB memory space RAM from the brand G. Skill Trident have the notable features as follows:
- There are specially designed CNC-cut aluminum heat spreaders to evenly distribute the heat in the system after using it for a longer duration.
- The lighting control system is pretty good allowing you to set the desired color and illumination. This can be done in both the modules either in a co-ordinated way or individually.
- It has 8 RGB LEDs in each module of the product and can also ensure high performance due to the DDR4 system.
- Each memory IC is hand-screened and it is on a custom 10-layer PCB.
- It works with a voltage capacity of 1.35 volts bringing out the efficiency of the product to the maximum extent.
- The overclocking has tight timings and also enhances the speed.
- There will be an optimal level of light refraction with the crystalline light bar.
- The aluminum heat spreaders are electroplated with alluring gold or silver color.
- It has less compatibility with other motherboards.
The G.Skill Trident Z Royal Series is the most unique and powerful RAM for gamers. The RGB lighting is not that common in the RAM industry and having one per module is a high premium look.
The memory speed is impressive as it can reach up to 3200 MHz. This allows your system to run at its maximum possible potential. It has been designed keeping in mind the future of gaming where the gaming system needs to run fast and efficiently and this RAM caters precisely to that.
4. TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB Desktop Memory Module RAM (2x8GB) with 3000MHz and CL16
The Teamgroup T-force Vulcan Z product has a high performing range and a subtle design to enhance the cooling effect. The IC is very precisely chosen and designed for giving the unique experience. It can be upgraded effortlessly and it has this capacity in-built.
It has the mesmerizing speed range of 3000 MHz which is pretty good. The peculiarity lies in that it has a lifetime warranty period and can be serviced if any inconvenience occurs. It cools the whole module automatically. This is ideal for high-range game enthusiasts and long-time users.
It has a size capacity of 16GB which is a combination of two 8GB modules. They are available in gray, black and red colors which give the desired finish to the system accordingly. As every other product this also has used the DDR4 type memory configuration for the top-notch performance. Vulcan Z is a product of RAM supporting XMP 2.0 which ensures the boosted up performance.
🌟 Notable features of Teamgroup T-force Vulcan Z RAM
The system of gamers world can be built in full-fledged mode as this module supports both Intel and AMD motherboards. Here we can see other notable features apart from the compatibility from the brand Teamgroup:
- The system of gamers world can be built in full-fledged mode as this module supports both Intel and AMD motherboards.
- The overclocking feature can be accessed in a single click and there is no need for any manual adjustments.
- The stability and compatibility is long enduring. The lasting durability makes it the perfect memory RAM for Ryzen.
- The 1.35 volts capacity of voltage enhances the speed and memory storage facilities.
It is a 288 pin variety and has a configuration of CL 16-18-18-38.
- The heat dissipation is smooth and optimal to cool down the entire system after heavy performance.
- The thermal conductivity is done effectively by a high-functioning adhesive.
- The main advantage of this product is that it consumes less power.
- The heat spreader is a single piece alloy aluminum which evenly distributes the heat.
- It doesn’t have an attractive LED lighting for illumination.
In my opinion, this memory RAM is an ideal choice for gamers as all the qualities mentioned above are in full harmony with it. The product is highly compatible with many gaming setups and can be upgraded at any stage. It has the capacity of 16GB which is a combination of two 8GB modules.
The speed ranges at up to 3000MHz makes it a little different from the competitors. The smooth functioning and the prolonged period of efficiency makes it the decent gaming RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X.
Despite its lower frequency, if you carefully read the RAM specs, you will discover that this RAM still achieves impressive performance. But if you want this ram to have a higher frequency, I’ve got good news for you. Here is the TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z with a quick 3600MHz frequency that will provide you with the greatest gaming experience of your life.
5. Crucial Ballistix RGB 3000MHz DDR4 DRAM for Gaming with 16GB (8GBx2) and CL15 (BL2K8G30C15U4BL)
There are a lot of options when it comes to RAM and this variant of Crucial Ballistix can be the best choice as it runs on a DDR4 memory system. The top level performance can be seen while gaming and other such activities. The feature of XMP 2.0 support makes it stand out.
This can be easily installed to a Ryzen 9 3900X and it best suits the type. The unique aspect of compatibility with ASUS aura, Gigabyte AORUS graphics engine, and much more makes it the best buying choice. While this product is in black, it is also available in two other attractive colors of red and black.
Compared to other SDRAM which might have 1.2 volts capacity, this product from Crucial Ballistix has a voltage of 1.35 volts. The build quality is strong and sleek making it endure for a long period. It has a speed of 3000 MHz.
🌟 Notable features of Crucial Ballistix 3000 MHz DRAM
Each of the two modules have 8 RGB LEDs together summing up to 16 zones in total. This can illuminate the gaming system with the desired effects. The entire gaming experience can be taken to the next level. Have a glance at some of the mind blowing features from Crucial Ballistix RAM:
- Each of the two modules have 8 RGB LEDs together summing up to 16 zones in total. This can illuminate the gaming system with the desired effects.
- The memory size of the system will be 16 GB in which a single module contributes 8 GB.
- It has the ability to overclock automatically or it can run in JEDEC default mode.
Micron die is used in manufacturing which is a signature feature of Crucial and it enhances the memory.
- The 3D printed lightbar can be added according to one choice as it is customisable.
- The color of the aluminum heat spreader can also be chosen according to one’s desire of setting up the gaming system.
- As memory is of priority the product is made with precision right from the level of die.
The bold lighting gives utmost illumination and the lightbar can be removed and changed.
- The illumination effects might be extra bright sometimes this is not liked by a few gamers.
All I can say is that it is definitely a good RAM. The RGB lighting on the system will match your individual style and identity. The RGB LEDs are quite brilliant and can make any gaming system more attractive.
This amazing memory also has the ability to overclock automatically. But if you are a beginner, then the default mode can be set for proper functioning. I am sure the combination of the best gaming RAM and processor will provide an experience like no other.
6. HyperX Fury 16GB RGB XMP Desktop Memory with DDR4 3200MHz, 1R x 8, and CL16 (HX432C16FB3AK2/16)
This memory kit from the brand HyperX Fury is known for the super performance it offers. It is designed to suit well with Intel integrated chips and systems. Like most of the high grade RAM this also has a 1.35 volts capacity of voltage.
The build of the product is highly defined and it gives an alluring look. The kit is available in different memory capacities starting from 8 GB to 64 GB. But this product especially is a 16 GB memory kit each module having 8 GB capacity.
The Cas Latency is CL 16 and the product performs on a DIMM form. The speed range also varies, having the maximum capacity of 3733 MHz. This particular product is a 3200 MHz variant. It is a wise choice to select HyperX Fury for ultra level gaming experience.
🌟 Notable features of HyperX Fury SDRAM
It has a single stroke RGB lighting which gives an extra edge to the designing style and build of the product. Now the breathtaking notable features of this product from HyperX Fury can be glanced through as follows:
- It has a single stroke RGB lighting which gives an extra edge to the designing style and build of the product.
- This RGB RAM can be accessed with lifetime service of upgrades which is totally free of cost.
- The AMD Ryzen systems will run the JEDEC default profile with this product.
- The compatibility is something to be looked at that is compatible with most of the latest AMD systems.
- It uses infrared sync technology in lighting for more effective appearance and performance.
- The performance of the system can be boosted on different levels when installed to the appropriate Ryzen system.
- It can also automatically overclock like most of the other products and this can be achieved up to a capacity of 2666 MHz.
- It makes use of DDR4 configuration for increased memory and functioning.
- The memory speed and capacity cannot be increased beyond the fixed level by the manufacturer’s BIOS.
HyperX Fury memory is known for its speed and performance. It is the another great choice for overclocking the system along with providing a better gaming experience. The RGB lighting adds an extra edge to the design and build of this memory kit making it better than others in terms of performance. Which is enhanced by its Hyper X Infrared Sync technology -patented technology that synchronizes lighting effects with moving images.
You can also choose its upgraded model has a higher frequency, size, CAS latency, and other factors. It is a good quality product offered at an affordable price. It is compatible with AMD systems and highly recommended for anyone who wants to undertake advanced-level gaming.
7. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) with DDR4 3200MHz (PC4-25600) and C16
The high-performance Corsair RAM memory is unique in its lighting power and feature. It has the highest memory capacity of 32 GB which boosts the functioning of the system. The form factor inbuilt is DIMM type which adds the extra spice to gaming enthusiasts.
The whole system can be enhanced by integrating the RAM with other products from Corsair such as fans, coolers, and keyboards. The compatibility aspect that it can suit well with DDR4 AMD and Intel cores is an advanced characteristic. It is especially designed for these motherboards and Ryzen 9 3900X variants.
It works on a 3200 MHz memory speed which is quite high-functioning. It comes in an attractive black color body. It supports XMP 2.0 for giving its users the desired effect and experience circumference. It can also be installed with just a single step which is a hassle-free process.
🌟 Notable features of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
The RGB lighting on each module is precisely arranged and it can be identified individually. LEDs being the unique aspect of Corsair Vengeance RAM let us see at the specifications and most essential features of the product:
- The RGB lighting on each module is precisely arranged and it can be identified individually.
- The lighting is animated and is super bright giving the desired effect for working on the system.
- The build quality is of top grade and is stylish too making it an outstanding one.
- It has 10 LEDs per module and it is a highly dynamic model.
- It has a lifetime warranty period and can be serviced or upgraded anytime.
- The IC chips are carefully tested and screened for an enduring overclocking potential.
- Overheating can never be a problem as there is a built in aluminum heat spreader which cools off the system completely.
- They might sometimes have compatibility issues with certain other motherboards.
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, as the name suggests is a memory that cannot be left ignored. This Corsair 32GB RAM is compatible with other corsair products and the lighting effect on the interface can be controlled using CORSAIR iCUE software and synchronized over the whole Corsair iCUE system.
It also has the highest memory capacity of 32 GB which boosts the functioning of the system.
This amazing RAM works on a 3200 MHz memory speed which is quite high-functioning. Futhermore, it supports XMP 2.0 for giving its users the desired effect and experience circumference. The form factor inbuilt in this RAM is DIMM type which adds the extra spice to gaming enthusiasts.
8. G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) Dual Channel Desktop Memory with 288-Pin, DDR4 3000MHz, CL16, and 1.35V (F4-3000C16D-16GTZR)
This product of RAM consists of two modules each having a capacity of 8 GB summing to a total of 16 GB memory size. It works on the form factor of 288 pins which is the needed feature for increasing the performance rate. The same DDR4 memory technology is also used here which is the trend of modern-day systems.
It is a double-channel desktop memory model. It has a memory speed of 3000 MHz which is quite a good feature for the gamers’ systems. The Ryzen 9 3900X can be well-adapted with the G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series memory RAM.
Any performance enthusiast would love to have all the basic features a RAM must possess and these can be found perfectly well put in this product. The voltage capacity is 1.35 volts which also consumes less power. Everyone must check all the desired features before going in for an effective memory RAM.
🌟 Notable features of G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series
It is an F4 – 3000 C16D – 16 GTZR model coming in black color with alluring lighting panel. G. Skill being one of the top brands in providing RAM memory for the systems and now have a look at the notable features of this product:
- It is an F4 – 3000 C16D – 16 GTZR model coming in black color with alluring lighting panel.
- The overclocking potential in this model is amusingly effective and this boosts the performance level to a different level.
- A stylish PC system can be created with the unique lighting feature of this product of RAM.
- It suits Ryzen well and offers higher performance capacity to the entire system.
- It is compatible with modern day motherboards of AMD and Intel and supports the XMP 2.0 version.
- It is specially designed and perfectly compatible with the Intel Z270 Kaby Lake platform.
- The lighting is effective and bright. It illuminates the system and sets up the whole mood for the gamers.
- The lights are customisable and the desired effect for a gamer or any performance specialist can be created.
- The cas latency is also notable as it goes as CL 16-18-18-38 which might be the best aspect needed for the RAM speed.
- It doesn’t have a warranty period for a lifetime.
G. Skill is a prominent brand of RAM and the most trusted one. The product is efficient and worth the price with its superior performance capacity. It has the capacity to offer higher processing speed and works well for Ryzen 9 3900X, especially with its DDR4 form factor.
The RGB lighting feature makes it ideal for creating a stylish desktop system. It has an overall compatibility level that ensures it can be used anywhere in the motherboard or any other system with its 288 pins structure.
9. HyperX Predator 16GB (8GB x 2) High-Performance RAM with DDR4 3600MHz and CL17 (HX436C17PB4AK2/16)
The HyperX high performance memory RAM comes in a variety of memory sizes and capacities. This product having predominantly the size of 3600 MHz is really a feature to look out for when it comes to RAM for Ryzen.
The product encloses two modules in black color with an usual yet sleek body. Each module has memory holding ability of 8 GB and together the two modules will have a memory size of 16 GB. While the technology used while manufacturing this memory RAM is DDR4, the form factor has the DIMM configuration.
The gamers will especially opt out this product for their high speeding and overclocking potential. The RGB style is amusing and this can be the perfect choice for subtle design lovers. The Ngenuity software plays a huge role here for increasing the performance and compatibility.
Intel cores with XMP can be well-fitted with this type of product from HyperX can produce the needed results of high-functioning memory RAM. While the size of the kit is 16 GB it also has other varieties such as 32 GB and 64 GB.
🌟 Notable features of HyperX RAM
The 16 GB memory space RAM has an Infrared patent pending sync technology feature. The LEDs used for lighting are of premium quality and here are some other notable features of HyperX RAM:
- It also has an Infrared patent pending sync technology feature.
- It has sufficiently high speed which would be loved by performance and gaming enthusiasts.
- It has low latency and the cas latency of CL 17.
- The DDR4 technology is especially used to support and be compatible with most of the present day motherboards.
- The lighting can be customized according to one wish with the control softwares of the motherboard.
- The aluminum heat spreader which is inbuilt protects the smooth RGB by distributing and dissipating the heat which is a marked feature.
- Intel’s latest platforms are compatible by optimizing the XMP ready profiles of the product.
- It works on less consumption of power and a voltage of 1.2 volts.
- It doesn’t have a lifetime warranty period and it is not effectively compatible with other kinds of motherboards rather than the specified ones.
This RAM is the most powerful & premium choice for those who love to display their gaming prowess. The RGB style is awesome and will definitely make the performance of the entire gaming setup to be more impactful.
It also has an Infrared patent pending sync technology feature which helps in synchronizing the lighting with the motherboard. The LEDs used for lighting are of premium quality and it is perfect for offering a subtle yet amazing performance when it is running.
10. Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 32GB (8GB x 4) DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory with DDR4 3200MHz and CL16 (BLT4K8G4D32AET4K)
This product from the brand Crucial Ballistix is a different variety from others and comes in a pack of 4. All the four modules have different LED lighting and the super bright illumination is their unique feature. The memory capacity is 32 GB in total with each module having an 8 GB capacity.
The memory speed is 3200 MHz and has the Cas Latency of CL 16 while various other memory capacities are also available. The gaming of any game enthusiast can be boosted and enhanced. The speeding and overclocking will interest the gamer even more. Overclocking headroom is one of the major aspects to watch out for while buying an RGB memory RAM.
There are 16 RGB LEDs in eight different zones which are present on each of the modules. The Ryzen 9 3900X can accommodate perfectly with this product and the installation is an easy process. The lightweight nature and the stylish build quality make it the best choice to buy.
🌟 Notable features of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB
As the DDR4 technology of memory is used in manufacturing it makes the product boosted in performance. Other than that the main notable features of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer variants are:
- It makes use of the DDR4 technology of RAM.
- The form factor is of DIMM type which is an added advantage.
- It supports the AMD type of motherboard well and the above-mentioned Ryzen variety.
- Each module has a marked LED lighting which can create the illumination effect needed for gaming or it can be according to one’s own interest.
- The lighting can be customized by changing the LED lighting bar.
- It is compatible with most motherboard systems.
- The brightness can even be adjusted and the desired illumination for gaming or performing on the syrme can be created.
- The memory can be commanded by accessing the M.O.D utility which is a free software tool.
- This product might be having fewer features in comparison with other products from the same brand.
If you are an avid gamer then the contender would be the Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR4 RAM. The product is well-admired and has been in the market for quite a while. There are multiple variants and each of them has 32 GB of storage capacity (8 GB x 4).
The memory speed is 3200 MHz (CL16) and features 16 RGB LEDs in eight different zones which are present on each of the modules. The Ryzen 9 3900X can accommodate perfectly with this product and the installation is an easy process. The lightweight nature and the stylish build quality make it the ideal choice to buy.
Best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X – Buying Guide
Finding the best RAM for your Ryzen 9 3900X is not an easy task, especially when you are not a professional in the field of computer hardware. So, we decided to lend a helping hand. However, we’ve tried our best to come up with some of the best RAMs for you, which you can consider for your gaming PC.
Even so, it is recommended that you know your requirements and usage before buying this RAM. It will make selecting the most suitable RAM much easier. We’ve also listed some important features you should consider before getting your first RAM.
Here we go…
1. Memory Interface Type
The type of RAM is one of the most important things to look out for while purchasing the best RAM for your build. There are various types of RAM modules that you can buy, but the three most popular types are DDR3, DDR4, and DDR5.
- DDR3: This type of RAM has been used in PCs since 2009 and it is also the least expensive, one of its best features is that it can run smoothly even under pressure. The only disadvantage is that it runs at a lower frequency than its other counterparts.
- DDR4: This type of RAM is very popular and currently dominates the market. It is faster and more efficient than DDR3. It has a higher frequency and latency timings as compared to DDR3 which makes it capable of running more efficiently and faster.
- DDR5: The latest type of RAM that has been introduced in the market, this enhances the overall speed and performance of your system by providing bandwidth up to 50% more than DDR4. It also offers double-channel memory configurations, with twice as much bandwidth compared to DDR4.
You can also say that DDR5 is the future in the RAM market. However, it is more costly than the DDR4 counterpart, but it is worth the price you pay.
2. Size of RAM
The RAM size refers to the amount of data that your system can store at once. The more RAM you have, the better in terms of performance and software functionality but choosing the right size of RAM is very important.
The amount of RAM you require depends on the kind of applications you use, how many applications you run simultaneously, and how much load your computer system has to produce. However, here are some of the RAM sizes that you should consider.
- 8GB: This is the most common RAM size, it is recommended for most people as it offers enough performance to run different applications while offering decent performance. For gaming purposes, it is also said to be good.
- 16GB: This RAM size is highly recommended for users who take gaming seriously, this amount of RAM is sufficient for running multiple applications simultaneously. But if you are a casual gamer and you don’t have any problem with closing your applications when you finish using them, then 16GB RAM is the most affordable & perfect choice for you.
- 32GB: Not everyone needs this much RAM, but if you are a heavy gamer or you are into video editing, 4K streaming, and multitasking then this is the right RAM size for you. Generally, 16GB would be enough to run all the applications required by an average user. You can do pretty much everything with 32GB RAM. It is also possible to choose 64GB to get the best performance ever for your PC if you have extra money to spend or if you want your PC to be more advanced and lightning-fast.
However, it is recommended that the higher the RAM size the better your system will be, but it is also true that, when the size is too high and you use fewer applications, then you will be wasting your money.
3. Memory Architecture
Memory architecture is the process of how your RAM stores and transfers data. In simpler terms, if you want faster performance then you must opt for RAM with a better memory architecture.
There are various types of memory architectures, but the three most popular memory architectures are Single-channel, Dual-channel, and Quad-channel. The following information will help you choose your RAM according to its memory architecture.
- Single Channel Memory Architecture: This is the cheapest RAM, it is easy to install and hard to damage. It is not recommended for gaming PC as it will feel sluggish just because of the single channel. If you don’t have too much RAM on your system then 1x RAM can be a good option for you.
- Dual-Channel Memory Architecture: Dual Channel memory architecture is an ideal choice for gaming PC as it offers better performance and stability during intensive applications, such as games and videos playback. If you want to build a gaming PC then it is recommended that you choose dual-channel RAM.
- Quad-Channel Memory Architecture: A quad-channel memory architecture is the fastest memory architecture available on the market today. It is capable of doubling the bandwidth of dual-channel memory architecture.
If you run high-end applications such as video editing, 4K streaming, and video games then this is another best RAM type you can use. There are some drawbacks as well, it consumes more power, is more costly, and generates more heat than dual-channel RAMs.
4. What Type of Pins does Your RAM Have (240-Pin or 288-Pin)?
Although this is a minor thing in terms of RAM, the pins used to connect RAM to the motherboard (240-pins or 288-pins) have an impact on performance and productivity. As of this writing, 240-pin RAM is the oldest, it was used by both Intel and AMD chipsets. They are now considered outdated and should be avoided, as they are much slower than the current generation of RAM.
However, if your motherboard is compatible with only 240-pin then going for 240-pin RAM is the best option. You can find a lot of motherboards that support 240-pin RAMs. But we will recommend you to go for 288-pin RAMs because 288-pin RAM is the latest generation of RAM and it offers the best performance nowadays.
5. Frequency of RAM
The frequency of RAM is the speed at which your system runs, the higher the frequency, the better the performance. The frequency of RAM depends on two things: How fast your CPU runs and in turn how fast the RAM can respond to the CPU’s requests.
If you are using the slow CPU and you have the fast RAM then it causes you the bottleneck issue, which means the RAM can’t respond properly to the CPU’s requests. So, it is important to have a fast CPU, and fast RAM, and also the frequency should be in sync with your CPU.
In terms of the Ryzen 9 3900X processor, it supports DDR4 memory at a frequency of 3200MHz. Therefore we recommend you choose a processor with at least 3200MHz or higher for peak performance.
6. CAS Latency
By “CAS” we mean “Column Address Strobe.” This is a mechanism that enables your RAM to communicate with the CPU. If a higher CAS Latency is selected, then the communication between RAM & CPU becomes slower. If you are building a rig with AIO or All in one liquid cooling system, then it is important for you to choose the lower CAS latency.
CAS Latency refers to the time taken by your RAM chip to generate & deliver data to the motherboard. The higher the CAS latency, then the longer the time it takes for your RAM to deliver data to the motherboard. Therefore, we recommend you choose the CAS latency around CL12 to CL19.
7. RAM Voltage
The voltage of RAM refers to the voltage supplied by the motherboard (not from RAM module itself). Higher the voltage then it will give better performance and stability. Most motherboards will supply 1.05V to 1.5V for both 2x RAM and 4x RAM.
However, if you ask me, what is the right voltage for RAM? Then we will say 1.35V is the proper voltage for RAMs. This is due to the fact that during our research, we discovered that the majority of gaming-oriented RAM has a voltage of 1.35V.
With so many different types of RAM on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your computer. However, we have provided a list of the 10 best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X that should help make the process a little bit easier.
In this guide, we’ve also shared what you should consider before you purchase your first RAM, which will further assist you in making a wise decision.
We hope that this article has helped you in your quest to build the perfect gaming PC. Do you have any questions about choosing or installing RAM? Let us know in the comments below and we will do our best to answer them.
See you in the next post…