Are you looking for the best powerline adapters for gamers in 2021? We’ve got you covered with a full list of the top choices, complete with pros and cons for each to help you make the most informed decision possible.
Powerline adapters enable delivering strong web connectivity from one place to the other at a specific place. Specifically, it can be significant to have internet connectivity in those areas where the Wi-Fi signal doesn’t reach.
Depending on the specific configuration, some adapters also include additional Ethernet ports. This can be useful in situations where you need to use wired internet to connect your media equipment.
So based on this, here we’ve shared a list of the best powerline adapters for gamers in 2021…
TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter (TL-PA4010 KIT)
NETGEAR PowerLINE 1000 Mbps, 1 Gigabit Port - Essentials Edition (PL1010-100PAS)
TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter - 2 Gigabit Ports, Ethernet Over Power, Plug&Play
TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Starter Kit (TL-PA7017 KIT)
TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Wi-Fi Extender (TL-WPA7510 KIT)
TRENDnet Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter Kit, TPL-406E2K, Includes 2 x TPL-406E Adapters
Netgear Powerline 1000 Adapter Set Of 2 2x pl10
Comtrend G.hn 1200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet Bridge Adapter 2-Unit Kit PG-9172KIT
ZyXEL 600 Mbps Mini Powerline AV2 Gigabit Adapter with AC Pass-Through, Starter Kit - 2 Units (PLA5215KIT)
Zyxel 1300 Mbps MIMO Powerline Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor Pack of 2 [PLA5405v2]
Best Powerline Adapters for Gamers
After doing research on the best powerline adapters for several weeks, here is the list of the top 10 best adapters that you should consider before buying in 2021.
These power adapters are one of the best in the market and are rated by thousands of experts worldwide.
1. TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter(TL-PA4010 KIT) with Plug & Play, Power Saving, Nano Powerline Adapter, and Expand Home Network with Stable Connections
TP-Link AV600 is one of the best powerline adapters for gamers and it surely deserves the first spot on our list here. It has a superb build quality and provides incredible performance which is the most important characteristic of any device for a gamer.
TP-Link AV600 powerline adapter comes at budget-friendly pricing and it offers a high ethernet speed of 600 MBPS. Along with it, it supports 128-bit AES data encryption and covers a decent range of up to 300 meters.
The network expansion TL-PA4010 KIT transforms your home’s existing electrical circuit into a high-speed network by plugging one end to the router and the others into your home’s existing electrical circuit. It doesn’t need new wires or drilling to bring the wired network connection to your home.
Not limited to this, but TP-Link AV600 comes with a few advanced features including a power-saving mode which automatically enables the power saving mode when fewer or no devices are connected to reduces the power consumption by up to 85%.
The adapters come in a set of two and are small enough to fit into the power outlet without any issue. They use HomePlug AV technology to create an Ethernet connection in hard-to-reach areas, and it comes with a 2-years warranty at unbeatable pricing and it is a great value for money product.
- It provides incredible connectivity all over the place.
- Provides safe and highly trustworthy web connectivity irrespective of the place
- Facilitates incredible network expansion through AV600 speed.
- No wifi.
TP-Link AV600 is one of the best powerline adapters in our list that is incredibly fast and comes with a 600 MBPS data transfer rate. It is a safe and easy-to-use powerline adapter that increases the performance of connection in dead zones.
With the help of this powerline adapter, you can easily run 4K videos or stream online content without any issue. I highly recommend choosing this one because of budget-friendliness pricing and sturdy build quality.
NETGEAR PowerLINE 1000 Mbps, 1 Gigabit Port is another excellent product one can take into account. The best part, one can use the available electrical wiring for stretching web access to any section of the house.
Also, this adapter functions under the aegis of Homeplug AV2 technology. Moreover, the technology complies with Gigabit speed along with electric outlets. Naturally, web connectivity coverage improves significantly.
Above all, the product is quite popular for its superior internet speed. In fact, it performs at a significant 1000 Mbps speed. Primarily, the adapter is highly preferable for high-end modern-day devices.
Specifically, those with Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streaming devices should have it. However, one needs to have an RJ-45 Ethernet port and available electric wiring, and proper functioning outlets.
- A must-have product for high-end HD streaming and hassle-free gaming.
- Can be connected to several adapters for expansion of wire network reach.
- It takes only a few minutes to set-up. In fact, one doesn’t need any software installation.
- Safeguards network connectivity through the simple touch of a key.
- Ensures utmost network safety upon encrypting power line network connectivity.
- Saves power by automatically powering down when not in use.
- May is not a necessary product for those having not high-end devices like Smart TVs.
TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter – 2 Gigabit Ports, Ethernet Over Power, Plug&Play, Power Saving, 2×2 MIMO, Noise Filtering, Extra Power Socket for other Devices, Ideal for Gaming (TL-PA9020P KIT)
The TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter is popular for its incredible speed. In fact, it provides connectivity at an incredible speed of 2000 Mbps.
Specifically, those looking for an adapter as an Ethernet extender can find it excellent. Moreover, the product is capable of providing connectivity at tough to reach locations.
It thoroughly supports HomePlug AV2. Additionally, the product can smoothly integrate numerous adapters. Above all, the adapter can function at significantly low power. In fact, it can function under 110 240 V.
Ensuring greater satisfaction; it comes with a high-end noise filtering feature. At the same time, there remain additional power sockets for extra devices. Interestingly, it can be incredible for those who love gaming.
- It makes things absolutely easy for integrating several adapters upon supporting HomePlug AV2.
- Highly popular for performing at low power, i.e., below 110 240 V
- Provides incredible internet speed
- The full potential of the internet has a Gigabit port.
- The adapter can incredibly save power, to around 85 percent through Power Saving.
- Assures of utmost network safety.
- keep the network private through 128 bit AES data encryption.
- Set-up can be difficult for a newbie.
TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Starter Kit (TL-PA7017 KIT) is a fantastic adapter for those looking for super-fast internet. Moreover, the product is popular for significant data transfer speed. In fact, it can transfer data at a rate of around 1000 Mbps.
In short, it can be convenient for a whole range of online needs. The best part, having a Gigabit port; it ensures a safe wire network for high-end gadgets.
For example, those having smart TVs and gaming consoles can find it incredible. It is popular among those with Ultra HD streaming devices at home.
The tool can facilitate powerline network set-up within a matter of a few minutes. In short, one can enjoy super fast wire connectivity in no time.
- Through Saving Mode, it can spontaneously lower the power consumption rate by 85 percent.
- It doesn’t need any additional wire or any new configuration.
- It is compatible with many other popular adapters.
- It provides super-fast internet connectivity or super-fast data transfer. In fact, it can transfer data at 1000 Mbps.
- Allows sleek transmission of High Definition video transmission.
- It is only limited to wire connectivity. In short, it doesn’t support Wi-Fi.
- All powerline devices are essential to be on the same circuit.
TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Wi-Fi Extender is hugely popular for super-fast data transfer. It facilitates data transfer at 1000 Mbps. Naturally, the adapter is quite reliable for providing internet connectivity at tough locations.
The best part is the Giga port enabling it to provide internet connectivity at its fastest speed. Also, the product is quite a power saving in nature.
It holds the ability to lower the rate of power consumption by 85 percent. The adapter is perfectly compatible with a huge range of popular adapters. Overall, the product is quite user-friendly in nature that demands no fresh wire or any additional configuration. Additionally, it can function at a lower power range, in fact, at 110 240 V.
- Incredibly power saving in nature, which can lower power consumption to around 85 percent
- Highly reliable from a safety perspective; specifically, the 128 bit AES data encryption makes it the safest.
- It is quite user-friendly that requires no extra wiring or any configuration.
- Can function well at lower power demand conditions, i.e., even at 110 240 V.
- Not very much popular among those having gaming consoles or Smart TVs
This product package comes with a couple of TPL-406E adapters. Two adapters are essential for setting up a network. However, one doesn’t need fresh cabling upon using 8 adapters with network devices in distinct rooms. Moreover, the device is quite popular for its ability to expand the network.
One can easily do this by connecting an adapter with the router. And, the other one can be set in an outlet over the electrical system. Through the process, one can have immediate network access to significant speed.
Additionally, the product comes with an Ethernet port that can immensely increase the performance level. Specifically, this can enrich the speed of wired connectivity.
- Having a high-end Ethernet port is significant for those having a network to enrich devices.
- The product is extremely user-friendly, which enables set-up in no time. All it needs is to plug in the adapters.
- The adapter assures complete safety for the users with proper encryption of Powerline signal auto-connects over the available electric system.
- Upon plugging straight within an outlet, it makes things user-friendly.
- There remains a decline of performance upon plugging in with power strips.
- Using it through old fashion circuit wiring can also affect its performance, primarily generating huge electric noise.
First of all, the Netgear Powerline 1000 Adapter is immensely popular for its brand NETGEAR. Moreover, it fits most modern-day connectivity options with USB 2.0 connectivity.
Interestingly, the product’s compact design makes it even more significant. Specifically, it boasts the perfect dimension of 2.32 x 1.41 x 3.94 inches.
The product is quite convenient for its low weight as well. It just weighs 4.32 ounces. The product is highly reliable from data transfer perspectives.
Specifically, it holds the ability to facilitate data transfer at a significant rate of 1000 Mbps. With Gigabit Ethernet, it provides the most effective internet connectivity.
- The product is highly reliable from a data transfer perspective, at a significant 1000 Mbps speed.
- Having a high-end USB 2.0 hardware interface assures seamless connectivity.
- Smart design makes it significant for both residential and commercial purposes.
- Lower weight, i.e., of 4.32 ounces, makes it easy to transfer.
- Not much detail available about data encryption; hence, about safety
Comtrend G.hn 1200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet Bridge Adapter is certainly the fastest of its kind adapters. Its ability to incredible data transfer makes it more significant.
Specifically, it can facilitate data transfer at a whooping 1200 Mbps. Moreover, this significant data transfer makes it suitable for high-end streaming devices.
Also, the product is very lightweight, which makes it convenient for transferring. It weighs only 1.6 Ounces. Its compact design, specifically at 2.3 x 2.2 x 3.7 inches, makes it significant all-round.
Moreover, having an Ethernet data link protocol assures the finest connectivity. It’s a catchy product coming in White color.
- The product can be highly reliable in terms of real-world efficacy. It is superior to basic power line devices on this matter.
- One of the finest adapters for video streaming with LDPC technology.
- Also, LDPC can enhance the performance of the device in a noteworthy way.
- It is one of the most efficient products to perform in high-end zones.
- Preferable for high-end apartments, hotels, etc.
- Can thoroughly support globally known power line norms for best compatibility.
- No cons, this product is perfect.
ZyXEL 600 Mbps Mini Powerline AV2 Gigabit Adapter with AC Pass-Through, Starter Kit – 2 Units (PLA5215KIT)
ZyXEL 600 Mbps Mini Powerline AV2 Gigabit Adapter is one of the finest adapters for power line networks. In fact, it can facilitate data transfer at a significant rate of 600 Mbps.
Moreover, the adapter provides pass-through ports for extra device connectivity. Hence, the product is significant for high-end smart devices.
Specifically, plug-and-play design enables superior connectivity with Smart TVs and gaming consoles. Having Smart Link Plus can incredibly enrich performance level and coverage. Specifically, it enriches performance along with multiple-path transmission.
The best part, it can easily meet well with IEEE 1901 and higher Home Plug AV tech. Above all, the adapter can ensure reliable and consistent internet connectivity.
- The adapter is promising enough for networks confronting network coverage issues.
- It’s quite user-friendly in nature.
- It comes with double Gigabit Ethernet Ports that can facilitate connection with numerous devices.
- Two gigabit Ethernet ports can significantly enhance coverage for smart devices.
- The adapter’s pass-through outlet lets users in using the same outlet instead of losing the same.
- Data transfer rate initially may not be up-to-the-mark with 600 Mbps speed.
Zyxel 1300 Mbps MIMO Powerline Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor Pack is a fantastic tool with high-end MIMO beamforming technology. Hence, it often manages to deliver significant coverage.
At the same time, this factor enables it to deliver a consistent network. Moreover, the product performs at an incredible speed of around 1300 Mbps with powerful AV2 MIMO technology.
The same factor makes it a fine product for facilitating 4K video streaming. The best part, the adapter can significantly transform the power outlet into super-efficient wire connectivity. The product is incredibly user-friendly.
A simple plug-and-play enables a sleek and convenient Powerline network. Its compact design is also one of the key reasons for making it so popular.
- A super performer in terms of data transfer rate. It can deliver at a superior 1300 Mbps.
- The product is technologically incredible.
- MIMO technology enables it to deliver consistent coverage for the entire home.
- MIMO technology enables turning available power outlets to super-fast networking connectivity.
- Incredible for 4K HD streaming and smooth, hassle-free gaming console
- It’s extremely user-friendly with an easy plug-in and plays design.
- One can smoothly expand through several adapters.
- No cons, this product is perfect.
Best Powerline Adapters for Gaming – Buying Guide
Do you want to purchase your first gaming powerline adapter, but don’t know what to look for? You can use this buying guide to make an informed decision.
Powerline adapters have grown exponentially in popularity over the past few years. There is now a difficulty in deciding between the best and the next one due to the increased demand. Due to numerous options available in the market at affordable prices, it can be challenging to choose the best powerline adapter for gaming in this scenario.
People may also purchase incorrect items sometimes. In this context, the following tips may prove helpful in finding the best product.
1. Speed & Performance
Speed and performance are the most important factors to consider before purchasing a powerline adapter. As you might also notice, the speed of the physical network adapters does not always match the manufacturer. You should therefore purchase a powerline adapter that meets or exceeds your network requirements.
As an example, you might consider the TP-Link AV600, which has a speed of up to 600 Mbps, as verified by third parties.
TP-Link AV1000 is a great option if you want to download or stream HD videos. It is widely used for 4K video streaming, HD gaming experience, and online content of all kinds.
2. Number of Connected Devices
Before making your decision, you should consider how many devices you want to connect to the powerline adapter.
In general, TP-Link AV600 and TP-Link AV1000 provide total flexibility when connecting multiple devices. Therefore, while purchasing your first powerline adapter, make sure how many devices it connect and if it is enough for all your devices.
3. Wifi Support
That’s right, you heard it correctly. Powerline adapters that support wifi are also available. If the powerline adapter features wifi support, then you can use it to connect to the internet and share it with other wifi devices in your office or home using wifi.
Additionally, the AV600 is equipped with wireless support, so it’s easy to connect its wireless capabilities to Wi-Fi devices (via Ethernet cables) or AURs (Amped Uplink Routers).
In your decision-making process, the safety of your data is always a priority. If you are interested in buying the best powerline adapter for gaming, you should check for security features included with the adapter.
The powerline adapter creates a point-to-point wireless network between two adapters connected to an electrical outlet. These adapters operate over your home’s existing electrical wiring and should be considered extensions of your LAN network.
Through the use of technologies such as 128-bit AES encryption in Powerline Adapters, security issues in networking are being resolved with time. This is essential for securely connecting devices to your network via your home’s power outlets.
The overall performance of a product is heavily influenced by its compatibility. Most of the best powerline adapters come with adapters that can be used with existing network devices, while others can be used to create new networks.
It all depends on your existing setup and your specific needs when choosing which model to buy. When purchasing powerline adapters for gaming, it is important to ensure that they are compatible with other game consoles, TVs, and other household appliances.
In addition to adapters, the TP-Link AV600 comes with devices that can connect to all kinds of network devices. You can therefore use this powerline adapter with all your other gaming devices and consoles.
6. Physical Appearance
Whether you are buying an adapter for your home or office, its physical appearance is a very important consideration when selecting one.
There are different colors and designs of powerline adapters. Some people may choose to buy an adapter that has the same color as their wall sockets, while others may buy an adapter that matches their existing aesthetics in their home or office. It’s all up to you.
The TP-Link AV600 is available in two colors: black and white. Therefore, you can choose any of these colors based on your preference.
Another important feature to consider is the warranty, especially if you just bought your powerline adapter.
It is required to ensure that the warranty of the powerline adapter is durable and reliable. While looking for a gaming powerline adapter, look for the warranty period which ensures a longer lifespan of your product.
In the TP-Link series, for example, all adapters and their components, including Ethernet cables, come with a 2-year warranty. You can therefore enjoy this modem for quite some time before buying another one.
Last but not least, it is important to keep in mind the budget constraints as well. There may be a difference in price between powerline adapters depending on the features and specifications included in each of them.
Therefore, before choosing the right powerline adapter, it is important to compare the prices of different products available today.
Powerline Network Adapters are also very easy to install and use, and they are an excellent way to extend your wired network throughout your house without running cables.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Still, not sure about the best powerline adapters for gaming? Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that might help you to make the best choice.
Are Powerline adapters good for gaming?
Yes, powerline adapters are one of the best networking devices for gaming but it is also one of the most underrated products in the market for gamers.
They use your existing home connection to build a wired infrastructure. It comes with the same speed and stability that you experience while using Wi-Fi in your home but without the cost and mess of laying wires for yourself.
So if you want to use a wired internet connection for your gaming, then powerline adapters are an ideal solution for you.
What is the best Powerline adapter on the market?
There are hundreds of powerline adapters available in the market and it can become overwhelming to choose the best one for you.
But if you are looking for a premium-quality product, then TP-Link AV1000 or AV600 is one of the best powerline adapters for gaming. It comes with a 1000 or 600 MBPS data transfer rate and provides an outstanding performance throughout your home.
Is Powerline better than Wifi for gaming?
Powerline adapters utilize a home’s existing wiring, which will eventually be replaced, to make a robust wired network. These connections are more stable and will give you consistent throughput speeds.
With powerline connections, you can enjoy a fast, reliable, and constant internet connection, instead of intermittent internet speeds or slow connections associated with WiFi.
You can switch to powerline connectors if your WiFi starts to struggle – low speeds, fluctuating connections, buffering, and sluggishness – so your performance can be improved.
Do powerline adapters use a lot of electricity?
If you have never used powerline adapters before, let me provide you with a brief overview.
It is possible to expand your home Internet connection with powerline connections without having to run new cables. However, some people may be concerned about how much electricity they consume, given that they are always plugged into the power source.
Using only 2W of electricity, powerline connectors are energy-efficient and too modest to operate. A year’s worth of such spending corresponds to a daily expense of $0.0027 and under $1 over the entire year.
Do all TP-Link Powerline adapters work together?
As a result, TP-Link AV200, AV500, and AV600 Powerline connectors are compatible with each other due to HomePlug AV Standard. In addition, TP-Link AV1200 adapters are HomePlug AV2, as well as also HomePlug AV in reverse, meaning TP-Link AV200, AV500, AV600, and AV1200 are mostly compatible.
Anyhow, when using multiple AV connectors at once, the Powerline rate will decrease. It should also be possible for connectors from different brands to be compatible with TP-Link connectors, provided that they meet the same standard.
The pairing and configuring methods of other brands’ products will differ, however. Adapters from a similar brand may be much easier to use
Powerline adapters are currently the most reliable way of obtaining web signals. Those who want to have greater connectivity most easily without too many cables can find it excellent. Anyway, the above adapters are the best ones at present for both commercial and residential purposes.
Talking about our recommendation, we suggest you go with,
- TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter
- NETGEAR PowerLINE 1000 Mbps
- TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter
We hope this article about the 10 best powerline adapters for 2021 is helpful to you. If this article is useful for you in any manner, then do share it on social media.
Please stay connected with us for future updates.